The Workout Through Cancer Foundation (WOTC) is dedicated to raising awareness about the benefits of exercise. Donations will be used to provide all the exercise tools and instruction the WOTC Health Pack provides to at-risk patients in hospitals and support groups who might not otherwise be able to access these services.
The Foundation will also help fund promising research on exercise and cancer.
Our mission is to provide hope, inspiration, and guidance to cancer patients and their families through a unique oncologist approved exercise program specifically designed for people going through cancer treatment and recovery.
Careful medical studies conclusively demonstrate that exercise during treatment and post treatment will:
- Keep you physically and mentally stronger to endure your treatment better.
- Help accelerate the growth of healthy blood cells to combat cancer cells.
- Help you maintain the responsibilities you had to family, work and other activities prior to being diagnosed with cancer.
- Lower the risk of anxiety and depression.
- Lessen nausea and fatigue.
- Help control weight issues that often come with cancer treatment.